Production Line Description
As we know, the growth and use of grass are limited by season and weather. Generally, grass get withered and lose nutrient content in winter, when livestock are short of grass feed. In contrast, grass grows vigorously during warm season, which is far more than animals’ needs. Hay Grass Pellet Mill Production Line can make full use of the grass grown in warm season. By means of clipping, sun-curing, crushing and conserving in the shape of grass pellets, they can be used in winter to feed animals.
Hay/Grass Pellet Mill Production Line process
hay/grass pellet production line flowchart
1. Crush the hay grass into powders with a hammer mill. For making pellets, the size of raw materials should be 3-5mm. If the hay grasss are too large to feed into the hammer mill, you need a feed grinder to reduce the length to under 10mm.
2. Dry the hay grass powders. For making pellets, the moisture content should be 14%-20%. hay grass, especially fresh hay grass, usually contains high moisture content. They need to be dried by an airflow dryer. Also, you can dry the uncrushed hay grasss by spreading them on the floor.
3. Make hay grass pellets with a pellet machine. Feed the hay grass powders into the pellet machine hopper. The high pressure and temperature will mold the powders into high-density solid pellets. You can add some additives or mix it with other biomass materials to improve the molding rate or nutrition content.
4. Cool down the pellets with a counterflow cooler. The pellets are hot(about 85℃) when they come out from the pellet machine. A counterflow cooler can lower the pellets temperature to 35℃, and increase their hardness at the same time.
5. The cooled pellets can be packaged into bags for storage, transportation and selling.
Hay/Grass is pressed into pellets by a pellet machine
Advantages of hay pellet fuel
1. Hay pellet fuel generate 90% less greenhouse gases than fossil fuel like coal, only 1/10 that of EPA requirement.
2. Hay pellets have the heat value of nearly 8000 BTUs, almost equal to hardwood and close to that of coals. Its energy transformation ratio is as high as 20:1, compare with 10:1 of wood, and 5:1 of biodiesel. So hay pellets are an ideal heat source.
3. Hays are a common waste on the farm and in forestry. They are cheap and easy to get. It only takes 70 days to grow a crop of grass, much quicker than the growth of wood and crops.
4. Thanks to low cost of raw materials and production, hay pellet fuel has price advantages over traditional fuels. The pellet price is 225USD per ton, while petroleum takes about 1000USD per month. Using hay pellets for heating and cooking can greatly save your fuel cost.
5. Hay pellets can be used as mulch and soil conditioner in garden and farmland. They can expand to 4 times their original size when wet. And their ash after burning can be used as fertilizer.
Advantages of hay grass feed pellets
1. Grass pellet fuels or fodders takes up only one fourth the volume of hay raw materials, which are much easier for storage and transportation.
2. The compression process reduce the dust contained in grass materials, making the burning more safer and feeding more convenient.
3. Adopting grass pellet fodder is conducive to realize intensive and mechanized production. Pelleting can also improve the fodder quality, making it more suitable for animals eating. Besides, hay pellets are rich in nutrition and easier to digest.
4. Hay stacks usually have ash deposits. The hay pellet production can remove the ash and improve the cleanliness of food.
5. Hay is a common animal feed, but it has many defects. Hay supply is rich in summer and short in winter. Haystacks take up too much space. Some hays are too rough to eat directly. Making hay into pellets can solve these problems.
6. During hay pellets production, the high temperature and pressure will promote the starch gelatinization in hays, and make it easier for animals to digest. Hay pellets tastes better than hays. Livestock eat more and grow faster.
7. Hay pellets only take up 1/4 the volume of haystacks, so it can save storage and transportation cost. The feeding process also become simpler, famers can achieve intensive and mechanized husbandry.
Here you can submit any questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We will not disclose the information you submit to anyone, please rest assured.
Copyright© 2020 Richi Machinery. All rights reserved. Site Map