Production Line Description
There's a huge abundance of coconuts all over the world and it would be a waste of resources if coconut shells are just thrown away or burned. This is why engineers and scientists have come up with an ingenious way of turning coconut shells into reusable materials. The process is called pelletizing and it involves turning the discarded shells into pellets that can be used in various fields like sustainable energy production, biomass extraction, and agriculture. For the process to work, you are going to need what's called a coconut shell pelletizing plant.
Which countries produce coconut?
|The top 5 producing countries in 2020|
|No.||Country||Coconut production (metric tonnes)||% of world total|
|5||Sri Lanka||2,000,000 m/t||3.3%|
Work Process of Coconut Shell Pellet Production Line
coconut shell pellet production line flowchart
1. Crushing process
Due to the quite hardness of the coconut shell, the coconut shell needs to be crushed from big chunk to small pieces by special coconut shell crusher.
2. Drying process
For containing certain moisture, crushed coconut shell enters drying machine through conveyor and feeding machine. The dryer can dry off the excess moisture to improve the pellet strength after pelletizing.
3. Second crushing process
After drying, the coconut shell pieces need to be crushed again into small fibrous pieces for better pelletizing.
4. Pelletizing process
After entering pellet mill through belt conveyor and feeding machine, the fibrous coconut shell pieces are pelletized into regular pellets by high strength extruding of the pellet mill.
5. Cooling and packing process
Pelletized particle has certain temperature, so it needs to be cooled by cooling machine after conveyed by belt conveyor. After cooling, the high quality biomass pellet is packed by the automatic packing machine.
All the above processes are equipped with dust collector, which makes the whole process no dust pollution.
Coconut shell is pressed into pellets by a pellet machine
Application of Produced Coconut Shell Pellets
Because of rich raw materials and convenient processing, the products manufactured from coconut shell pellet production line are widely used to replace fossil energy which will release carbon dioxide, sulphur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, etc.
1. Industrial medium and small boiler: applied in biomass fuel plant, power station, wood processing factory, chemical plant, fertilizer factory, etc.
2. Household small stove: they can be used not only for city's heating supply but also in such service industries as hotel, restaurant and bath.
The Benefits of Setting Up a Coconut Shell Pelletizing Factory
The factory can be a great source of biomass fuel. The pellets that the factory produces can be used as an alternative energy source. If you are able to produce huge amounts of pellets, you can turn it into a very profitable business. Coconut plantations will be more than glad to sell you their coconut shells at very low prices because these are not their main products. The shells are your main ingredients. Your operating costs will largely be composed of the labor you hire in running and maintaining the machines in your factory.
Brief economy analysis of pelleting process
Raw material, operating cost of pelleting plant and personnel costs are the major factors that affect your profit. According to the following brief pelletizing cost analysis, you can reckon your budget of pelleting.
1. Operating cost of the pelleting plant was estimated that pellet production cost for a bagasse plant capacity of 6 t/h was about $51/t of pellets. Pellet plants with a capacity of more than 10t/h decreased the costs to roughly $40/t of pellets. So do not take it for granted that capacity of pellet plant is proportional to pellet production cost.
2. In the production, one or two workers are required for the entire production plant. The personnel cost for the pellet plant with 10 t/h production rate is about $4/t.
3. Raw material cost is the largest cost element of the total pellet production cost. An increase in raw material cost substantially increased the pellet production cost. Notice that the price of coconuts shells for pelletizing is around USD 100-150/t, but shells with perfect cleaning, smooth finish and equal trimming around USD 250-300/t are mainly used for handicraft materials.
Here you can submit any questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We will not disclose the information you submit to anyone, please rest assured.
Copyright© 2020 Richi Machinery. All rights reserved. Site Map